What we do
The Pensions Ombudsman has an opportunity for a HR Officer to join our team based in Canary Wharf (with substantial homeworking). You will be working on full or part time, on a permanent contract basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 per annum.
Who are we?
When someone has tried to resolve a problem with their pension and isn’t satisfied with the outcome, that’s where we can step in and help.
As a totally independent body, not part of the pensions industry or government, we investigate and make decisions when someone has been unable to resolve a complaint about how their pension has been managed. Our service is free, but we have legal powers to make decisions that are final, binding and enforceable in court.
Our work can be challenging and high-profile, delivering a fair outcome for the individual and highlighting where the pensions industry can improve. Focusing on the facts, we must be balanced, fair and totally independent.
About the role of our HR Officer:
The role assists the HR Manager in proactively advising and coaching managers on all aspects of the full employment life cycle. This includes advising on employee relations casework, recruitment and selection, learning and development and handling some general HR administration, including utilising the HR information systems.
The HR team consists of the HR Officer and the HR Manager. Consequently, the role is wide in scope and is a true generalist role, providing the opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of HR work.
Key responsibilities of our HR Officer:
- Support the HR Manager in undertaking workforce planning meetings with managers to establish plans around recruitment and L&D needs.
- Advise and support managers on all aspects of disciplinary, capability, restructuring and grievance cases.
Advise and coach managers on all HR policy.
- Conduct exit interviews as required.
- Lead on recruitment activities and ensure all activities are adhering to TPO policy
- Lead on HR project areas to deliver good quality outputs.
- Writing and updating HR policy, procedure, processes ensuring they comply with the latest legislation and best practice.
- Undertake HR administration such as updating the HR information system, preparing management information reports, liaising with Finance on preparation of payroll, issuing of contracts and general on-boarding tasks.
Experience we’re looking for in our HR Officer:
- CIPD qualified/or equivalent, or working towards qualification.
- Advising managers on good HRM principles, practice, and employment legislation across the employee lifecycle.
- Researching and writing HR policy.
- Working with managers to generate activity plans, such as recruitment, learning and development etc.
- Leading on HR project work, including scoping, planning, communicating with stakeholders and delivering high quality outputs.
- Utilising HR systems to facilitate HR administration across the employee lifecycle.
We offer a range of benefits, including a defined benefits pension scheme, 27.5 days of annual leave and flexible working.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and be prepared to be security cleared to Baseline Personnel Security Standard, which requires a basic disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
TPO is a Disability Confident accredited employer.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our HR Officer, please click ‘apply’ today. We would love to hear from you!