What we do
The Pensions Ombudsman has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Resolution Specialist to join our team based in Canary Warf (with substantial homeworking). You will be working on a full or part time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £39,203 per annum.
Who are we?
When someone has tried to resolve a problem with their pension and isn’t satisfied with the outcome, that’s where we can step in and help.
As a totally independent body, not part of the pensions industry or government, we investigate and make decisions when someone has been unable to resolve a complaint about how their pension has been managed. Our service is free, but we have legal powers to make decisions that are final, binding and enforceable in court.
Our work can be challenging and high-profile, delivering a fair outcome for the individual and highlighting where the pensions industry can improve. Focusing on the facts, we must be balanced, fair and totally independent.
About the role of our Senior Resolution Specialists:
Our Early Resolution Service is delivered by a team of Resolution Specialists and around 200 volunteers drawn from the pension industry. Staff and volunteers work to resolve around 1,400 complaint cases each year without resorting to the use of formal powers.
As a Senior Resolution Specialist, you will be responsible for a portfolio of complaint cases, using your pension knowledge and experience to help resolve these on an informal basis. You will also provide support and guidance to our network of volunteer advisers.
Responsibilities of our Senior Resolution Specialists:
- Manage a portfolio of complaint cases
- Successfully resolve complaints using your experience, pension technical knowledge, and liaison skills, without using the formal powers of TPO.
- Identify key issues and gather information quickly to progress cases
- Review cases returned by volunteer advisers, providing appropriate and constructive feedback.
- Use your technical knowledge and experience to answer questions and issues raised by complainants during the progress of their case.
- Provide technical support and training to volunteer advisers
- Contribute towards guidance notes providing internal advice, guidance and training as required on technical issues
- Speak at workshops, induction sessions and other training events for volunteers
Experience we’re looking for in our Senior Resolution Specialists:
- working with customers in the pensions industry.
- providing clear and concise communications in terms understandable to the recipient.
- independently managing a varied caseload, prioritising tasks and progressing work in good time.
- applying pensions law and practice to day-to-day work
- reviewing colleagues’ work and giving constructive feedback.
- analysing large amounts of information and identifying key issues to be addressed.
- Experience of dispute or complaint resolution.
- A professional pensions qualification.
We offer a range of benefits, including a defined pension scheme, 27.5 days of annual leave and flexible working.
All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and be prepared to be security cleared to Baseline Personnel Security Standard, which requires a basic disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
TPO is a Disability Confident accredited employer.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become one of our Senior Resolution Specialists, please click ‘apply’ today. We would love to hear from you!